Monday, March 22, 2021

My commitment to everyone in the LRSD community

 To the students I have met in person, in stories, and in the sharing of experiences, successes and achievement, who have afforded me profound, impressive and necessary perspective;

 To the parents, guardians and caregivers who have challenged me and taught me;

 To my community, who believed in me enough to allow me to serve you; 

 To the staff and school leaders who have always been welcoming and engaging, who have a depth of commitment to student engagement and success that shines brightly even on the darkest days, who model caring and kindness, and who demonstrate an unwavering belief in the power of community;

 To our senior leadership, who carry the weight of the world on their shoulders on a regular basis, who have demonstrable integrity, grit, and tenacity, and whose bold and creative thinking inspires me every day;

And, To our Superintendent, who meets challenges head on with intent and confidence, while demonstrating compassionate, moral, and visionary leadership, and a strength of purpose that is reassuring and inspiring;

Here is what I want you to know:

My role as a democratically elected trustee and member of the Louis Riel School Board continues and I commit to fulfilling my obligations and remaining accountable until the last second-  whether the decision to be a school trustee is mine or that of someone else.   

This is a journey we take together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year!

In some ways it seems like school board elections were last week, when in reality almost 10 weeks have gone by.  The random and spur-of-the-...