Wednesday, September 30, 2026

Full marks for attendance

In this brief post, I want to offer some solid and evidence-based reassurance around my physical presence at meetings, and at school, divisional, and community events.  My attendance record is something I’m genuinely proud of.

  • Perfect Attendance (Almost): Since I was first elected in 2010, I have attended every single regular meeting of the board. Well, almost. I did attend one remotely where the Wi-Fi was spotty at best, allowing for listening but limited engagement; the official record indicates "regrets" with that caveat.
  • School and Division events: I’ve juggled my calendar regularly and consistently to be able to attend as many school and divisional events as possible.  After being re-elected to the school board in 2022, I made it a goal to visit every single school in our division at least once, whether for a parent council meeting, event or board visit during this current 4-year mandate. 
 When I talk about "being present" as your trustee, it means showing up in person, staying fully engaged, actively listening, and doing the work before walking through the door. Looking ahead to the next four years, I remain committed to providing the reliable, visible, and dedicated leadership our students, staff, and community need and deserve.

"You can't represent the people if you're not in the room, and you can't make good decisions if you haven't done your homework." — Shirley Chisholm, Trailblazing Educator & U.S. Congresswoman

No comments:

Post a Comment

Full marks for attendance

In this brief post, I want to offer some solid and evidence-based reassurance around my physical presence at meetings, and at school, divisi...