Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Milestone birthdays, Arthur and sound healing

With a milestone birthday just around the corner, I'm stuck in a weird place that is part funk and part euphoria- the things that are making me a bit weepy are also filling my heart. To be honest, I think it's less about a 'big number' and more about the timing of my kids being in transition, the world being my oyster, a myriad of choices before me, and the fact that my time is, well, my time.  

This morning I was listening to Tom Power on CBC interview Marc Brown, who, if you don't know, made Arthur the Aardvark a household name in more homes than just ours. My kids (and their parents) were serious fans of Binky, Francine, Brain, Buster, and Muffy and the gang.  Me? I was head over heels for D.W.; the straight shooting, tell it like is is, little sister who never failed to deliver the best line of any episode. It was often quite funny, and offered life lessons that were timely, relevant and all too real. For several years running, Arthur's Perfect Christmas even came before all other holiday shows in our house. Marc Brown is closing the book on Arthur after 25 seasons with the never aging 8-year old.   While reruns, and even a podcast, will be available I cannot bring myself to watch the final episode (just yet anyway) that catapults the crew into the future, leaving age 8 far behind.  Marc Brown was so interesting to listen to, and it sounds like he still has a lot left to do.  

Changing topics, I expanded my yoga practice recently to include a sound healing class in a hot yoga studio.  So taken was I with the experience that I wrote about it.  It was the perfect way to recognize a serendipitous encounter, which I'll have to tell you about in person since it would take too long to detail here. 

At any rate, milestone birthdays, Arthur and sound healing.  Nothing to do with being a school trustee, but then, it doesn't always have to. Does it?

Here's a deep thought in signing off:

Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't. Bill Nye, the science guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year!

In some ways it seems like school board elections were last week, when in reality almost 10 weeks have gone by.  The random and spur-of-the-...