Thursday, October 6, 2022

Gleanings from the campaign trail

In running my 4th campaign there are things that I continue to be grateful for; shared sidewalks and driveways are two of them.  Short driveways are another.  Only one or two steps up to the mailbox also makes the list.  

If I had a nickel for everyone person who has asked if I'm part of the Nemeth Diamonds Nemeth's I'd be sitting pretty. Well, not rich but defiantly able to buy myself a grande pumpkin spice latte. I'm sure we're connected on some distant branch of the family tree.  Clearly they have lots of happy customers out this way. 

Last Sunday was a +20,000 step day.  The weather was beautiful and I was motivated but I sure paid for it on Monday; my back, hips, quads and feet were screaming from pounding the pavement. 
Did I learn from overdoing it? Yup; the steps have decreased each day but I suspect they will creep up over the weekend with some nicer weather on the way and the pain in my joints almost gone. Plus I still have a few thousand houses to get to. 

Canvassing at seniors and retirement residences is great fun. I hope when I'm 80 or 90 I'm as feisty as some of the folks I've met are.  Today I was thanked for being a school trustee, and then peppered with excellent questions by the grandma of an LRSD alumnus. 

And the Halloween decorations!!  I've seen some yards that look like they were set up by professionals. 

I've spent some time looking at other campaigns by school trustee candidates all over town; it's important to learn about the folks that aspire to elected governance.  Lots of good info here: https://www.winnipeg.ca/clerks/election/election-2022/Candidates/ and here: https://www.winnipegelection.ca/

Have a really nice Thanksgiving weekend!

19 days until the election. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year!

In some ways it seems like school board elections were last week, when in reality almost 10 weeks have gone by.  The random and spur-of-the-...