Sunday, January 2, 2022

Happy New Year!

It's been several months since I posted to this blog; a lifetime in many ways given the state of the world and our little corner of it.  

To frame 2021 without thinking I'd say so long, good-bye, don't let the door hit you on the way out.  But to toss 365 days out without stopping to think about all that was good not only suggests it was a wasted year, but that I wasted it, and neither of those is true. 

Aside from another year of not travelling, I shouldn't, can't and won't complain (any more I mean, I did plenty let me tell you!!).  I met new people, read a ton, and learned some stuff.  Was it all a bed of roses? Hell no.  There were days when it was all overwhelming and those were the days when I was glad for my bike, the many walking trails near by, a stack of books, puzzles, and colouring sheets, the young people in my life and all who make me laugh, yoga, my garden (such as it is), and The Forks. 

Like I've developed with Duo, I have a love-hate relationship with social media these days.  What was once a way to connect, learn and be offered welcome insight and perspective is becoming more negative and judgy than ever before. Note to self: it might be time to actually make use of the block, snooze, and mute features- they are there for a reason!! 

On that note I'll wish you a very happy, healthy and prosperous 2022.  There will always be crap.  There will always be people who, intentionally or otherwise, bring others down. 

There will always people who don't show up, or who do and just seem to take up space in the process.  

There are also those who bring their 'A game' every time, who show up and make the space better, who self-reflect as part of self-improvement, who encourage me to do better and give me a gentle shake when I've done the opposite, and who are invested in making their community a better place for everyone (and demonstrate that investment all the time).  You know who you you are; you are great teachers in your unique ways, you make me a better person, and you have my thanks, my gratitude, and my admiration.

OK 2022,  I'm ready for whatever you have in store. Bring. It. On. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year!

In some ways it seems like school board elections were last week, when in reality almost 10 weeks have gone by.  The random and spur-of-the-...